Monday, November 03, 2008

99 Problems

So because I had the time, the inclination, and the sense of the ridiculous ... I re-wrote the lyrics to Jay-Z's "99 Problems" for the election. Uh ... enjoy?

---------------

If you votin' McCain I feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems and Barack ain't one

I got ol' McC incitin' violence 'gainst BO
Foes that wanna make sure his campaign folds
BO critics say he's pallin' with US foes
It was an ed board, stupid, what type of facts are those
Barack campaigning with holes in his zapatos
GOP shoppin' for Palin like they ain't short of dough
I'm like fuck GOP, spend one fifty thousand mo'
While Barack buys network time cuz his thinkin's forward
Got beef with Palin saying I ain't playing Pro-
American, but that's just what I am SO
Red mags try an' blame elite class
So contributors give GOP mo' cash for bad ads, fuckers
I don't know what you take us as,
Or understand the intelligence this nation has
Gone from riches to rags, niggas we ain't dumb
We got 99 problems but Barack ain't one
Hear me

99 problems but Barack ain't one
If you're havin' Palin problems I feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but Barack ain't one
Hear me

The year's '08 and my health is raw
I got pre-existing status like I'm 84
I got no choices y'all and this is just par
Can't get no healthcare - that should be against the law
Now I ain't tryin' to see no welfare state with pay.
But mad insurance profits seem to make the case
For change...tune in to see the campaigns unfold
I heard "My friends do you know what Barack stands for?"
Cause he's young and he's black and your tactics are low?
Do I doubt Barack's intentions sir, oh hell no
You sayin' he a terrorist or should I guess some mo'?
"Well he was pallin' with Ayers in 2000 y'know"
"Givin' credence to anti-Semites who want to start a war"
"Israeli Jews should be afraid of who his friends are"
Nah, I ain't buyin' yo shit none of these claims are legit
"Well, do you mind if I bring up Reverend Wright a little bit?"
Well your VP's gone half-cocked, wants to bring that line back
But we already know the story so you look like a partisan hack
"Aren't you sharp as a tack, you been in a think tank or something'?"
"Runnin' a ground campaign or somethin'?"
Nah, I ain't no expert but I know a little bit
Enough that you won't sway my vote with this shit
"We'll see how smart you are when November four come"
I got 99 problems but Barack ain't one
Hear me


99 Problems but Barack ain't one
if you payin' attention McCain won't get you son
I got 99 problems but Barack ain't one
Hear me

99 Problems but Barack ain't one
This economy failin' Barack know what to do son
We got 99 problems but Barack ain't one
Hit me

Now once upon a time not too long ago
The global pool a' money really started to grow
This is not from banks havin' a good sense a' market
But a market havin' no God Damn sense, bubble goes poppin'
McCain tried to posture say he was battlin' the storm
Cancel a campaign, some fools sho like to perform
You know the type loud as a motor bike
But couldn't pass a plan to save his damn life
The only thing that's gon' happen is Barack gon' get to clappin'
McC and his boys gon be yappin to the MSM
And there McC goes trapped in the news cyc again
Back through the system with the Schmidt ass again
Fiends on the floor with their lyin' ads again
Smell of desperation be waftin' off'a them
Polls be givin' McCain the shaft again
$700 mil bail fo' banks so they ain't all B of A, friend
Yet 9 months ago Obama was harrasin' them
Tryin to warn Bernanke of the trouble ahead
But ain't nothin sweet 'bout I told you so
We got 99 problems, but Barack ain't one.
Hit me

We got 99 problems but Barack ain't one
If you votin' McCain, y'ought rethink that shit son
99 problems but Barack ain't one

99 problems but Barack ain't one
if you want 'em solved you best go vote Democrat son
99 problems but Barack ain't one

99 problems but Barack ain't one
you know he's ready to lead, do yourself a favor and run
to vote O-ba-ma in the '08 election

1 comment:

Kevin DeBacker said...

I'm falling fast for you. I love this new cut!