Republicans Lack Heart!
Posted Sep 5th 2008 8:00AM by TMZ Staff
Ann and Nancy Wilson are pissed at the Republican Party and have fired off a cease and desist letter to the McCain/Palin campaign.
Specifically, the Heart women are upset that the GOP has used their classic "Barracuda" as a theme song for Sarah Palin. TMZ obtained a statement from Heart's rep, who says "The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted that permission."
The statement goes on: "We have asked the Republican campaign publicly not to use our music. We hope our wishes will be honored."
We're told Ann was watching TV today and heard the song at the convention when Palin was touted.
UPDATE: Twenty minutes after we posted this story, the GOP ended the evening after McCain's speech with the song, "Barracuda."
Here are a few choice reactions to this story:
6. is that carrot top? he really should stop "helping" hussein.
Posted at 10:57PM on Sep 4th 2008 by obamasux
7. These Fat BITCHES should be glad that someone would actually still play that song...LOSERS!!!!
Posted at 11:00PM on Sep 4th 2008 by kristi
8. Both women are one-hit wonders! They should be THANKFUL that the REPUBLICAN PARTY felt sorry for their dismal careers and encouraged their group by playing their song!! Go John McCain and Sarah Palin. Mary from West Virgina
By the way---shame on Jennifer Garner from Charleston, WV for embarrassing the state in supporting her idiot husband Ben Affleck's political ambitions in the Democratic Party. TWO IDIOTS DESERVE EACH OTHER!
Posted at 11:00PM on Sep 4th 2008 by Mary
38. I hope they hit up that NAtzi McCain and that Slut's mom for 100 million dollars
Posted at 11:36PM on Sep 4th 2008 by okrabs
72. Heart is an icon you morons, but for their lack of helping MCCain and our country , I am burning their CDs. fat ass bitches.
Posted at 12:14AM on Sep 5th 2008 by PetaGirl
78. TYPICAL FASCIST LIBERALS. JUST LIKE THOSE EVIL CODE PINK HACKS. THEY HATE AND DESPISE ANYONE WHO CHOOSES NOT TO BE BRAINWASHED BY THE LIBERAL MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!
Posted at 12:18AM on Sep 5th 2008 by John Galt
And my personal favorite:
88. Sadly, The Republican convention clearly has overshadowed the Democratic convention. The Black & The Hack are no match for Maverick & Snatch.
Posted at 12:37AM on Sep 5th 2008 by Sara
Holy shit. The Black? Snatch? Liberal machine? Nazi McCain? Who ARE we?
And there were about 320 comments posted. Some arguing for a little rationality, but mostly it was crazytown. And all because of a story about a band not wanting their song played. That was enough to make everyone want to fucking tear each other's faces off. And in the first comment, the reader was accusing Heart of helping Saddam Hussein because they didn't want their song played at the convention. There are so many crazy elements to that one statement that I don't even want to go down the list. I'll just say that my favorite reason for why that statement is completely insane is that the man is dead. He's dead! What is going on in this person's brain?
So here's the only thing I can do - calm myself down, so that there's at least one less crazy, angry person in this mix. Let's fucking hug or something. Jesus.