Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Heavy on the metaphor.

Oh, hey, Blog. Um, how are you? Yeah? That's good. You look really good. Different. Wow, it's been a while, huh? Yeah, I know. Me too. I've just been so busy and tired lately, I didn't realize it's been so long since we've seen each other.

Oh, Blog. Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog. What happened to us? We were together for so long and then . . . I don't know. The whole tone of our relationship was different. It was like, back when we started, I felt so comfortable with you. I could say anything and I never felt like I was being judged. I was really growing as a person with you. We were together since my second year of college. I thought we were going to be together forever.

And then we moved. I guess it was the move to Los Angeles/away from Live Journal that did it. I never thought that this would happen to me and you. Of all the couples in all the world, I felt like we were really going to beat the odds. But let's face it, Blog. We both became all about image and what other people thought of us. I mean, you were going through all those style changes and I was starting to feel like I was being too much myself with you. Jesus, Blog, listen to me. How could I be too much myself? We tried to make it work for almost two years still, but we both knew it wasn't the same anymore. But I'd like to say that I'm sorry for the way I ended it. Just taking off, without a word. That was pretty fucked up. I mean, six years deserves better than that.

Blog, I'm trying to say that I still have feelings for you. I know this sounds crazy, but I think we can still make it work. I don't know if you feel the same, but if you do, I'm ready to give myself the attention I need with you. I don't want to throw it all away. We have so much history together. Blog, I'm still in love with you. And more importantly, I'm still in love with myself, enough to write about myself with you. And that's what really counts. Will you love me with me for us again? I know I can love me with you for you.

Love,
Me

3 comments:

m. berru said...

Yay!

brian said...

You are so awesome.

And a little strange.

But, as my daughter would say, they're one in the same.

Patrick said...

It's been way too long, Lindsay.