Thursday, November 30, 2006

I Don't Know

Hi, everyone. You may have noticed the lack of recent entires. I have three excellent explanations for this:

1. Thanksgiving came, I went to San Diego to spend time with my mother, and was of the opinion I should not spend too much time online whilst there.

2. The internet connection at work has been either down or so slow as to be comparable to molasses.

3. In a seemingly unrelated event to this syrup-like internet problem, my laptop died. Died. No signs of life whatsoever. All authorities are currently baffled. My only clue is that right before it gave out completely, there were bizarre error messages, the last of which read, and I do quote, "panic: We're hanging here . . ." Now, I don't know about you, but the only conclusion I could seem to come to about this is that there are tiny men in my laptop and they are in a state of terrible crisis, possibly on a high perch somewhere in the motherboard, waiting for me to give them further instructions. And now all lines of communication have been severed and my poor team of tiny men think I have abandoned them, when really I just don't know how to get them to safety. But I worry for these brave men and fear I will never see them again, as though I ever did in the first place.

So my point is, I won't be able to devote much time to the internet until I figure this laptop thing out. In a strange twist of fate, my only substantial free time occurs at work, where I am now entirely without a computer. And my computer at home, the one I'm using now, is situated on a table that is two feet from my bed, which I must use as a chair, as I have none. My fault? Yes. But it is nonetheless the situation and I'm already conducting ridiculous acrobatic feats just to type this. In case you're wondering, I have been living in this new apartment for three months now and still have no chair, no dresser, am living out of trash bags, and have no less than six boxes left to unpack. I am so lazy that I am an inconvenience to myself. Where is my wire to charge my iPod? I don't know. Where is the wire to hook my camera up to my computer? I don't know. Where is my file of financial papers? Got me. But the giant, four foot, golden Key to the Tehachapi, California Train Depot, which my now ex-boyfriend and I stole from the depot on a road trip that took place four months ago? I know exactly where that is. It's right there. And hey, there are the remains of David's Tehachapi ostrich feather hat, lying on top of my red feather boa, which I own for no reason in particular. So as long as I could parade around the apartment at the drop of a hat dressed like the Queen of Feathers with the giant key that opens nothing, I guess that's all that matters.

What was I talking about again?

2 comments:

Lilan said...

I like the cut of your linkage style-jib. Good luck on you know, the laptop. And the boxes. I'm rooting for you.

Countess of Eyeliner said...

Lindsay, to me you are always the queen of feathers.