Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's Like You Tube, Only With Money

Here at Super Delicious, we're working on a website project called "It's Your Show." And by "we," of course, I mean "they." Unless transferring calls to the 7 people who sit directly behind me constitutes my working for the show too, then yes, I too am employed by NBC. But I digress.

It's Your Show . . . how can I describe it? It's like if You Tube and America's Funniest Home Videos got married and had a baby and that baby grew up to be Carson Daly hosting a website where we set up specific challenges for you to follow and then give you $1,000 if your video gets the most votes. There. I think that's a pretty good analogy.

You can check out the site at itsyourshowtv.com.

It's a good idea actually. It's a great way for NBC to join the viral video . . . uh . . . culture. Or whatever. I don't even understand what viral video means. Viral? Who decided the best way to describe You Tube and its counterparts was to compare it to disease? I'm really just spouting off terms I've heard as though I were actually a part of all this, which I'm not.

OR AM I?

The answer as of late is: I am. Because the Team of 7 behind me has to make sample videos of the challenges they set out, so viewers and potential contributors can get a better idea of what they're looking for. And I got to take part in one of the sample videos - Challenge 9: Create a New 'Extreme' Sport. The sport? Extreme Dodge Toast.

Go look. Enjoy. Enjoy the long shot of my ass even. Hell, make a video and win $1,000 if you want. Tell your friends. Help the kindly 7 people behind me keep their jobs. Please. They're the only ones even remotely near me in the office and it's been really nice having human interaction these past few weeks.

4 comments:

Chris Kelly said...

hahah

youve made it lindsay.
you. have. made. it.

Lindsay Evelyn said...

Obviously. Now I need only wait for the money to start a-rollin' in.

B to the Walker said...

HAH! You got some great shots in there. I grinned especially wide when that piece of toast bounced off your face. Its now just a matter of time until I use that video against you.

AND ALSO....

Ummm, actually YouTube just sold itself to Google for 1.6 billion clams.

Your punny $1,000 is just a drop in the bucket.

Lindsay Evelyn said...

Not only am I aware of this Google purchase, but I fuckin' wrote an ARTICLE about it: http://losangeles.broowaha.com/article.php?id=178